Beer Can ChickenFrom vino4dino 8 years ago
- 1 whole chicken, (preferably fresh slaughtered) 4 to 5 pounds shopping list
- 3 tablespoons paprika shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Welch sea salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon South African hot spice mix shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 can beer, from South America, if available shopping list
How to make it
- Add coals to one half of grill. Clean chicken, remove head and innards. Rub paprika, sugar, salt, spice mix, oil, mustard, and pepper into chicken, under skin and inside cavity.
- Open the beer and add any remaining seasoning to beer can. Place chicken over the beer can, inserting the can gently into the cavity of chicken.
- Place chicken on opposite side of coals on grill. Make sure chicken is covered - use large pot if your grill cover is too small. Add coals to maintain high heat if it cools down. Make sure chicken is not directly over coals. Use an instant-read thermometer to test temperature, it should read 165 degrees F under thigh. Remove carefully and carve.