Pakora BatterFrom ambus 9 years ago
- 1 cup besan(chickpea flour),sifted shopping list
- 3/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 tsp red chilli powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ajwain(bishop’s weed) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- pinch of kalonji(Nigella) shopping list
- oil for deep frying shopping list
- For pakoras, choose a selection of your favourite vegetables:Cauliflower florets ,Eggplant cut into 1/4-inch rounds,potatoes cut into thin rounds,etc. shopping list
How to make it
- Mix chickpea flour with enough water to form a paste (medium
- consistency) .
- Add all dry ingredients to the paste and stir well.
- Let rest 30 minutes.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat .
- Dip vegetables in batter to coat. Drop in batches into hot oil .
- Fry until the pakoras are golden brown on all sides.
- Remove & drain on paper towels.
- Serve immediately with mint & tamarind chutney .