Easy Black Bean SoupFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup white chopped onion shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves minced shopping list
- 2 cans peeled tomatoes with liquid shopping list
- 2 cans black beans drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor combine the tomatoes with liquid and three-quarters of the beans.
- Process until smooth.
- Add to the sauteed onion along with the remaining black beans, broth and cumin.
- Cook over low heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve the soup hot topping each bowl with a sprinkling of scallions and chopped tomatoes and a dollop of sour cream.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!