Nannys BrisketFrom stoneyusmc 8 years ago
How to make it
- Day 1
- Remove Brisket from refrigerator.
- unwrap, set on a plate let sit on counter for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Slice onion into 1/2 inch rings. Scatter the onion in a metal or foil roasting pan large enough to contain brisket.
- Rinse brisket, pat dry with paper towels. Place meat fat side down on top of onions.
- using a spatula spread chili sauce over meat.
- sprinkle the soup mix on top.
- pour wine on meat.
- cover pan tightly with aluminum foil and place on top rack of oven.
- cook for 4 hours basting meat with juices every hour.
- Remove from oven and let sit until meat cools.
- wrap brisket in foil and refrigerate overnight. Reserve pan drippings, juices and onions in an air tight container and refrigerate.
- Day 2
- Preheat oven 325.
- unwrap brisket and place on cutting board. Using serrated knife cut brisket into thin slices going against the grain of the meat.
- Place slices on large metal or foil pan.
- Pour reserve drippings, juices, and onion on top of meat.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place on top rack of oven.
- Simmer brisket in juices for 2 hours or until your ready to serve.
- Meat won't over cook as long as liquid is in the covered pan.
- Remove form oven and let rest, covered for 5 minutes before serving
The Cookstoneyusmc Quantico, VA
- Not added to any groups yet!