Hot and Sweet Sausage SandwichesFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 French sandwich loaves shopping list
- 1 medium size yellow onion sliced thin shopping list
- 1 poblano pepper sliced thin shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced thin shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 4 pieces hot and sweet pork sausage shopping list
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish drained shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare a wood or charcoal grill and allow it to burn down to embers.
- Slice sandwich loaves in half and hollow out then grill on each side just long enough to get grill marks.
- In a mixing bowl combine peppers and onions then toss lightly in olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice sausages lengthwise and grill for 3 minutes on each side.
- Spread loaves with horseradish mustard and top with sausages, grilled onion and peppers.
- To make horseradish mustard whisk together 1/2 cup dijon mustard and 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!