Brazilian Style Collard GreensFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
How to make it
- Cut the tough end stems off the collards.
- Rinse the leaves and gather them together into 2 piles.
- Take each pile and roll it tightly. Cut them into thin strips crosswise. You should have about 8 cups.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat. Sauté the shallot with the garlic, stirring often, until they are lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the greens and salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes or until the greens are tender but bright green.
- If necessary, cover with a lid and cook an additional couple of minutes to tenderize the greens
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
My *5*. What is up with the one. I can not believe this. If they did not like it why not pass it by. This is a great dish.tilgidh in Blackshear loved it