Baked Baby ArtichokesFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 12 to 16 Baby artichokes shopping list
- 1/4 Cup olive oil shopping list
- 1 Cup dry white wine shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, Peeled & Crushed shopping list
- For The Topping: shopping list
- 1 Cup bread Crumbs shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon lemon zest, Finely Chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon 3 Tablespoons Finely Chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- Additional oil For Drizzling shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Clean the artichokes by peeling the stems, chopping off the top third, and peeling off the outer, tough leaves.
- Keep the prepared artichokes in a bowl of water with a little lemon added to prevent discoloration while you finish cleaning the rest.
- NOTE: I also use frozen artichoke hearts and bottoms
- In a small caserole dish large enough to hold them all, add the artichokes, the garlic, olive oil and white wine.
- Add a little water if needed to bring the level up to almost cover the artichokes, cover, and then bake them in the preheated oven until they are tender.
- Usually this will take between 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the artichokes from the oven, and increase the temperature to 425 degrees F.
- Pour off any excess liquid from the cooked chokes, and set aside. Mix together the ingredients listed for the topping, and sprinkle this over the artichokes in the casserole dish. Drizzle on a little additional olive oil, and bake the archokes just until the topping becomes golden brown.
- Serve immediately, or at room temperature.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating6 people
Sounds great -- can you clarify what you do with the extra liquid that was set aside?plot_thickens in Alameda loved it
We also wondered what to do with the excess liquid. We are testing it as a marinade for some water-packed artichokes, but won't know the outcome for a while.Notler in loved it
55555, JM.. :)lanacountry in Macon loved it