Beet JellyFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
How to make it
- Wash beets then peel and cut into small pieces.
- Grind and cover with water.
- Cook until tender then strain through a jelly cloth.
- Add lemon juice and sure jell then stir until dissolved.
- Put over high heat and stir until mixture boils hard.
- At once stir in 6 cups sugar and bring to a full rolling boil then boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat then skim off foam and pour into glass jars.
- Process in water bath for 20 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!