Grilled Salmon with Spicy Rub - Ettas Seattle - Tom DouglasFrom julesong 9 years ago
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- olive oil for grill and fillets shopping list
- 6 (7 ounce) salmon fillets shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare your grill (fire it up!). :)
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Rub both sides of the salmon fillets with all of the spice mixture.
- Brush the grill with oil.
- Lightly brush the rubbed salmon fillets with oil.
- Grill the prepared fillets over direct heat, covered, with the vents open.
- When the salmon is marked by the grill, flip the fillets and finish cooking. It will require a total grilling time of around 10 minutes, depending on the heat of the grill.
- Note: the sugar in the spice rub can burn easily, so watch it closely.
- A step ahead: the spice rub can be made a couple days ahead and stored, tightly covered, at room temperature.