Linda Mccartneys Magical Mystery TacosFrom julesong 6 years ago
- 1/2 onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 small bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 lb firm tofu, crumbled shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 6 corn tortillas or ready-to-eat taco shells shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce shopping list
- oil, to saute shopping list
- shredded cheese, chopped lettuce, onions, tomatoes, salsa, and avocado for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a non-stick pan, saute the onion, garlic and bell pepper in oil for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tofu, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and soy sauce and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce and simmer over low heat until the mixture is fairly dry.
- In a heavy, un-greased skillet, heat the tortillas, turning each from side to side until soft and pliable (you can omit this step if you're using taco shells).
- In the center of the heated tortillas (or shells), place a small amount of the tofu mixture in the center, then fold the tortillas in half and remove them from stove.
- Garnish with shredded cheese, chopped lettuce, onions, tomatoes, salsa and avocado.