Homemade croutonsFrom yummers 6 years ago
How to make it
- preheat oven to 300 degress
- Remove the crusts from the bread and cut into cubes.
- Melt the butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from heat and let it cool slightly
- add bread cubes, stirring until well-coated with butter mixture. Cool slightly.
- Combine Parmesan, oregano and thyme in heavy plastic or paper bag.
- Add bread cubes; toss to coat evenly with cheese mixture.
- Spread bread cubes in an even layer on an ungreased baking dish.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp, stirring occasionally.