KOROVA CHOCOLATE COOKIESFrom vindee 8 years ago
- All-purpose flour- 1 1/4 cups shopping list
- cocoa powder - 1/3 cup shopping list
- baking soda - 1/2 tsp shopping list
- unsalted butter - 165 gms, at room temperature shopping list
- light brown sugar - 2/3 cup, packed shopping list
- Granulated sugar - 1/4 cup shopping list
- salt - 1/4 tsp shopping list
- vanilla extract - 1/2 tsp shopping list
- bittersweet chocolate chips - 1/2 cup shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 165 degrees C. Line or grease 2-3 baking sheets
- Sift the flour, cocoa, and baking soda.
- Beat the butter till soft and creamy. Add both sugars + salt + vanilla extract and beat for a minute or two.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the sifted dry ingredients. Mix only until the dry ingredients are incorporated -- the dough will look crumbly, and that's just right. For the best texture, you want to work the dough as little as possible once the flour is added.
- Toss in the chocolate chips and mix only to incorporate.
- Turn the dough out onto a smooth work surface. Gather the dough into a ball, divide it in half.
- Working with one half at a time, shape the dough into logs that are 1-1/2 inches (4 cm) in diameter. (Cookie-dough logs have a way of ending up with hollow centers, so as you're shaping each log, flatten it once or twice and roll it up from one long side to the other, just to make certain you haven't got an air channel.)
- Wrap the logs in plastic wrap and chill them for at least 1 hour. (Wrapped airtight, the logs can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for I month.)
- Working with a sharp thin-bladed knife, slice the logs into rounds that are 1/2 inch (1.5 cm) thick. (Don't be upset if the rounds break; just squeeze the broken-off bit back onto the cookie.) Place the cookies on the parchment-lined sheets, leaving about 1 inch (2.5 cm) spread space between them.
- Bake only one sheet of cookies at a time, and bake each sheet for 12 minutes. The cookies will not look done, nor will they be firm, but that's just the way they should be.
- Transfer the baking sheet to a cooling rack .
- NOTE: The dough can be made ahead and chilled or frozen. If you've frozen the dough, you needn't defrost it before baking -- just slice the logs and bake the cookies 1 minute longer. .
- Yield: about 36 cookies
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookvindee Gurgaon, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!