Classic Dutch MeatballsFrom mkhs1974 9 years ago
How to make it
- Combine the meat with egg, bread crumbs, a pinch of nutmeg, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Form 4 balls of the beef mix. Heat the butter on medium and fry the meatballs until golden brown on all sides.
- Add the ketchup, bay leaf, cloves to the pan and cover. Turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. The meatballs are done when they are solid to the touch.
- Take the meatballs from the pan. Discard the bay leaf and cloves. Serve the juice as gravy.
- Serves well with an endive or kale salad, or with fries and applesauce.