Semolina FingersFrom ahmed1 7 years ago
- 1000 grams plain sifted flour. shopping list
- 600 grams unsweet soft butter. shopping list
- 100 grams caster sugar. shopping list
- 100 grams semolina flour. shopping list
- 100 grams descicated coconut. shopping list
- 1 pack(18gm) baking powder. shopping list
- 4 large eggs. shopping list
- vanilla. shopping list
- 2 egg yolk for brushing. shopping list
- For syrup: shopping list
- 1000 grams sugar. shopping list
- 1000 grams water. shopping list
- juice of half a lemon. shopping list
How to make it
- For syrup:
- In a heavy saucepan,dissolve sugar in water over medium heat,add lemon juice and keep simmiring while you bake the fingers.
- Semolina fingers:
- 1-Preheat oven to 350 F .Grease 2 nonstick dishes with melted ghee or butter.
- 2-In a big bowl mix together,the sugar,flour,semolina flour and baking powder.
- 3-Add the butter and rub with your hands till it resemble coarse meal.
- 4-Add the eggs all at once,add the vanilla and mix well with your hands till you get a little bit sticky batter.keep aside 15 minutes to rest.
- 5-Using your hand rub small quantity of the batter in your palms into very small balls and just press on top of it to give it the oval shape.Arrange in the dish and press with a fork on top of it .Finish all batter in the same way arranging the fingers in the dish.keep a little space in between each other.
- 6-Brush the fingers with egg yolks and bake for 20 minutes till deep golden color.Take out and pour warm syrup over the fingers.Leave to cool for 3 minutes and drain all the syrup from the dishes.
- Note:You may make alot of shapes of your creation.I myself prefer 3cm log wide enough to decorate with 3 pistachio halves or any other nuts.