Tripe Soup Or FlaczkiFrom lor 7 years ago
- 5 lbs. Tripe shopping list
- 1 large beef soup bone or ham hock shopping list
- 2 onions, roughly chopped shopping list
- 3 ribs of celery, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 sprig fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots, sliced into coins shopping list
- 2-3 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 Bay leaf shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. flour shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. marjoram shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- Note: add 4 juniper berries and 4 peppercorns shopping list
How to make it
- Make certain to buy tripe that is clean and white.
- Scrape and clean the tripe.
- Rinse well.
- Place in a large saucepan and immerse in cold water.
- Note: Some people prefer to pour boiled water over the tripe.
- Cover and bring to a rolling boil.
- Pour off the water and cover tripe with fresh, cold water.
- Cook for 3 to 4 hours or until tender.
- Let stand in this water overnight.
- Pour off water.
- Cook the beef soup bone or ham hock in about 2 qts. water with the onion, celery, parsley, carrots, garlic, Bay leaf, Juniper berries and peppercorns for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Cut the cooked tripe into chunks or strips about 3 inches long, 1/2 inch wide.
- Add to the soup bone and vegetables.
- Cook together for about 4 hrs. or until tripe is tender.
- Brown flour in butter in frying pan, add a little soup stock to make a thin paste, add to tripe.
- Add spices and cook for five more minutes. Serve with Dumplings.
- Note: Tripe is served as soup or a main course meal.
- One Source where you will find a similar recipe is: "Treasure Polish Recipes for Americans"
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating1 people
I love tripe when cooked properly. This is a saved and printed recipe for me. Very nice. Thanks for the post. I have posted an Italian version a few weeks ago.Got my 5mystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it