Norwegian Butter Knot Cookies Or Berliner KranserFrom lor 8 years ago
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup siffed icing sugar shopping list
- 1 hard cooked egg yolk - sieved or very finely minced shopping list
- 1 raw egg yolk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 slightly beaten egg white shopping list
- 2 - 3 tablespoons course sugar shopping list
How to make it
- In a large mixing bowl beat butter on medium high until softened. Add icing sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla.
- Add flour and beat until combined.
- Cover and chill dough about one hour or until firm enough to handle.
- Using a tablespoon for each cookie, roll into 6-inch long ropes.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet, shape each rope into a ring, overlapping about one inch from the ends.
- Brush with egg white, sprinkle with course sugar and bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until edges are light brown at 325 degrees.
- Makes approximately 36 cookies.
- Note: I have never made these cookies but I found this hand written in my recipe box. I would imagine that if you want a bit of a flavour change, Almond Extract would be nice as well.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating1 people
Lor, this may be a plain cookie, but we can always smother them with frosting...yum!organicmama in loved it