White Bean And Ham SoupFrom smurfetta 7 years ago
- 1 (12-ounce) package Great Northern or small white beans shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 medium) shopping list
- 4 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 1 packet Goya ham flavored concentrate shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot (about 2) shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped celery (3 ribs) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 smoked ham hock (about 6 ounces) shopping list
- (or one ham shank leftover) shopping list
- 1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Sort and wash beans; place in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; cover and let stand 8 hours.
- Drain beans.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 3 minutes. Add beans, broth, ham flavoring and remaining ingredients except juicef from tomato ; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove ham hock from pan; cool slightly.
- Remove ham from bones; finely chop and return meat to pan. Discard bones, skin, and fat.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir in juice.
- Serve hot.
- If you prefer use a crok pot after soaking beans and cook on low for 6 - 7 1/1 hours.
The Cooksmurfetta Huntsville, AL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!