Squash With Cornbread CasseroleFrom msbooch75 8 years ago
- 1 pound zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into thin wedges shopping list
- 1 pound yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 package cornbread mix shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease 2-quart casserole.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion;
- cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add summer squash, zucchini, water, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- With fork, mash squash gently to break up large pieces.
- Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened and creamy.
- Pour into greased casserole.
- In medium bowl, combine cornbread mix and milk; mix well.
- Stir in cheese. Spoon batter evenly over mixture in casserole.
- Bake at 450 degrees F. for 15 to 18 minutes or
- until cornbread is golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
The Cookmsbooch75 Ocean Springs, MS
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!