Spicy Sauteed OkraFrom mkhs1974 7 years ago
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil shopping list
- 5 to 10 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed shopping list
- 2 fresh green chilies, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 t. ground turmeric shopping list
- 1 T. ground cumin shopping list
- 3 lb. okra, washed, dried, and ends cut off shopping list
- 1 medium ripe tomato shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the okra, garlic, and green chilies.
- Saute over medium heat until browned.
- Stir in the turmeric, cumin, tomato and salt.
- Cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, until the okra is tender, stirring occasionally to prevent the tomatoes and spices from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve hot with Indian bread or steamed rice.