HUMMUSFrom lohashim 9 years ago
- Small can (14 1/2 oz) hummus ("chickpeas";"garbanzo beans"; "ceci beans") shopping list
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame paste) shopping list
- 1/2 cups lemon juice, more or less to taste shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp salt, more or less to taste shopping list
- 1 clove garlic - more to taste shopping list
- 1 - 2 TBSP reserved liquid shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cummin ( optional) shopping list
- 2 TBSP chopped parsley (garnish) shopping list
- 2BSP olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Drain hummus, reserving liquid.
- Peel and chop garlic.
- Put hummus, garlic, tahini, lemon juice and salt in food processor, process to thick paste.
- Taste. From here on, your tastebuds dictate the ingredients.
- Add tahini, salt, lemon juice until mixture suits your taste.
- Slowly add (tsp) reserved liquid if too dry.
- Garnish with parsley ,olive oil and serve with pita or arabic bread, or crackers.