Coffee Cream Cheese FrostingFrom ambauer 7 years ago
How to make it
- Beat together softened butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar (sift first if possible).
- Dissolve a tablespoon or so of Instant espresso powder in the vanilla and add it to the frosting.
- Add espresso powder to taste directly to frosting beating well. Refridgerate for at least 5 minutes (maybe longer) to allow to stiffen up before frosting.
- For cake filling: Melt 2 oz (or squares) of unsweetened chocolate. Take out ~1 cup of the frosting and mix with the chocolate. It will be thick. Spread between cake layers
People Who Like This Dish 30
The Cookambauer Berkeley, CA
The Rating6 people
This is great with your chocolate cake, looks great also!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
What a beautiful cake, you are so talented!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
I have never considered making a coffee-flavored frosting using cream cheese! Brilliant idea! Thank you for another wonderful recipe!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!