Hasty pudding also known as Corn Meal MushFrom putercop 5 years ago
How to make it
- Mix the corn meal and 1 cup of cold water in a bowl.
- Bring the other 2 cups of water to a boil and add the salt and then the corn mixture
- lower the heat and cook 10-15 minutes until mixture is soft stirring frequently
- For a variation and no stirring place in a double boiler and steam for 30 minutes, stirring is not necessary this way
- serve with cream, maple sugar, brown sugar, honey, molasses, garlic, or any flavor syrup you like (chocolate is also good here)
- ****pour unused mush in a greased loaf pan and chill overnight and the next morning slice the mush, dust with flour and brown in butter or bacon grease. Serve with any syrup
The Cookputercop Kerhonkson, NY
The Rating3 people
In my house we all love this. Thanks for posting. Kids love it with fried bacon! Yes, best fried in the bacon grease. I do eat healthy you know, lmaorecipediva in Philly loved it
This was always a favorite, especially floured and fried the next morning with syrup! We called it Fried Mush.. love it!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!