Rabbit ScallopiniFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 1 pound rabbit loin and hind leg meat shopping list
- or rabbit belly flaps shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tbsp water shopping list
- 1 cup cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 tsp ground sage shopping list
- 1 zest of one lemon, grated finely shopping list
How to make it
- When cutting up a fryer rabbit, reserve the belly flaps in the freezer until you have enough of them for a meal. These bunny bellies still require pounding to tenderize (because the meat fiberes lay the wrong way) but are otherwise perfect for Scallopini.
- If no bunny bellies are available, tenderize the loin and hind leg meat pieces by pounding with a meat tenderizer until they are 1/4 inch thick.
- Next, prepare three bowls:
- 1. In the first bowl, mix the flour and the salt.
- 2. In the second bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the water.
- 3. In the third bowl, combine cracker crumbs, parmesan, sage
- and lemon zest.
- Coat the meat thoroughly in each bowl, starting with the first, then second, then third bowls. Fry coated pieces in a hot skillet, using oil or shortening for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!