Baked Brined ChickenFrom plot_thickens 9 years ago
- Gallon plastic bags shopping list
- 1 T sugar shopping list
- 2 T salt shopping list
- 1 crushed garlic clove shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 4 peppercorns, 3 allspice berries, 5 juniper berries, smashed in a plastic bag with a big wooden spoon BAM BAM BAM shopping list
- 1 t sage shopping list
- 1 t thyme shopping list
- 3 whole chickens shopping list
How to make it
- Mix up all the spices and stuff together.
- Grab some gallon plastic bags.
- Fold the lip back so they don't close every second you're not watching them.
- Put the spices in them, dividing evenly.
- Take the giblets out of the chickens.
- Slide the chickens into the bag.
- Wash your hands with hot water and soap.
- Fill the bag up with water.
- Close the bag while pressing on it so that there's no air in the bag. Refrigerate (seam side up so it doesn't drip) in the fridge for a day or two. Put it in the coldest spot in the fridge! You can freeze it, too.
- Poke it occasionally to shift the spices around.
- Prep by tucking wings up behind the knees on a grilling pan or whatever you have. Stick something in the middle if you want -- some lemons, garlic, rosemary, whatever you want.
- Bake chicken at 350, 20 minutes breast down then 20 minutes breast up, then check for doneness by thermometer or by cracking the leg joint back and looking for blood.
- Good with steamed veggies squirted with lemon.
The Cookplot_thickens Alameda, CA
The Rating4 people
Your brine sounds wonderful!!! -- And freezing the chicken in the brine sounds so convenient leading to oh so tasty when it's baked! I love time-savers in the kichen --This is the best I've ever read --Thank you!!!wdsdy in loved it
Awesome recipe! The freezing idea is a good one. Thanks for sharing a great recipe! - Nataliefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
Oh this sounds so good! Pretty good stress release too Bam Bam Bam!gingalee in Auckland loved it