No-Bake Cranberry CheesecakeFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 Cup graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 7 Tablespoons unsalted butter, Melted shopping list
- cake Filling: shopping list
- 1 Pound cream cheese, Softened shopping list
- 6 Tablespoons White sugar shopping list
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract (I prefer the vanilla bean itself) shopping list
- 2 Cups Chilled heavy cream (whipping cream) shopping list
- 1 Package (2 Teaspoons) unflavored gelatin shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 Cup ruby port shopping list
- 1 Cup sugar shopping list
- 2 Cups fresh cranberries shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make the crust, mix together the topping ingredients, and press into the bottom and up the sides about 2 inches of a 10 inch springform pan.
- Bake until the crust is set, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and let cool to room temperature.
- To make the filling, sprinkle the gelatin over 1/2 cup of the heavy cream in a bowl to soften for 5 minutes.
- Heat the remaining cream in a saucepan, and once simmering, remove from the heat.
- Add the gelatin mixture and stir to mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix well. Add the cream and gelatin mixture to the cream cheese in the bowl, and mix just until combined.
- Pour this into the prepared crust, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or up to one day ahead of serving.
- To make the cranberry topping, heat the sugar and port together in a saucepan until boiling.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer, and add the cranberries and cinnamon.
- Stir to mix, and cook until the cranberries begin to pop, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, and refrigerate until cold and thick.
- To serve, cut into thin slices, and spoon a good sized helping of the cranberry mixture over each slice of cheesecake.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
Hi mystic I just have to make this cheesecake sound absolutely delicious !thanks for the postingcaramia in loved it