Gourmet Mushroom RisottoFrom jencathen 9 years ago
- 6 cups chicken broth, divided shopping list
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 1 pound portobello mushroom, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 pound button mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 shallots, diced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- sea salt to taste shopping list
- freshly ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat.
- Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove the mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add 1/2 cup broth to the rice, and stir until broth is absorbed. Continue adding broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring continuously, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is al dente, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.