Crockpot Black Bean SoupFrom jennifritter 7 years ago
- 1/4 chorizo shopping list
- 1 Sm onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 sm red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 sm green pepper, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbl dry sherry shopping list
- 1tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1 15oz can black beans, undrained shopping list
- 1 15oz can fat free chicken broth shopping list
- 1tbl minced cilantro shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- juice of 1 lime shopping list
How to make it
- Discard Chorizo skin and crumble meat & brown in a non-stick skillet for 2 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic & peppers,
- Saute over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add to slow cooker.
- Add sherry, cumin, bay leaf, beans and broth to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove lid and scoop out 1 cup beans and press with the back of a fork to mash.
- Return to slow cooker.
- Add lime juice, cilantro, sald and pepper.
- Simmer uncovered just enough to warm.
- Yields 8 (1 cup) servings - 2 WEIGHT WATCHERS POINTS PER CUP