Mountain Dew JellyFrom julesong 7 years ago
How to make it
- Read the directions for jelly on the Sure Jell box. :) Get your canning implements ready, and make sure your jars are prepped and clean.
- In a large pot, combine the Mt. Dew and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Allow to boil for 3 minutes.
- Let cool slightly.
- Follow the Sure Jell directions for making jelly.
- Pour the jelly into clean, prepared jars.
- Prepare a canning pot with boiling water, and process the jars in the boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- Makes 3 to 4 pints of jelly, depending on whether or not you reduce the liquid (see note below).
- Note: if you would like your jelly to have a more concentrated flavor you can reduce the Dew down over the heat from the 3 1/4 cups to a smaller amount. (That is, don't descrease the amount of Dew, but reduce the liquid over heat.) When I made it, I boiled down more Dew to get to the specified amount, to get a concentrated flavor. I tasted it, and... yep, it's Mt. Dew jelly, all right!
The Cookjulesong Seattle, WA
The Rating8 people
Thank you Jules, I'll make this for my hubby, gotta buy some Mt. Dew now... appreciate it...shirleyoma in Cove loved it