Pork Chop StewFrom jemison 6 years ago
- 6 pork chops shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- flour for dredging shopping list
- oil for frying shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced length-wise shopping list
- 1 - 14 oz can of chopped tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 4 T flour shopping list
- 1 c water shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse pork chop.
- Salt and pepper the chops.
- Dredge them in flour.
- Heat a large skillet with oil.
- Brown the pork chops and remove from the pan.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of oil from the skillet and discard the rest.
- Add the 4 tablespoons of flour to the skillet.
- Add enough of the reserved oil to the flour to make a smooth paste.
- Brown the flour paste with high heat to a carmel color stirring constantly (it will have a nice aroma - do not burn).
- Quickly add the cup of water and stir to blend.
- Add the tomatoes and onion and stir (add more water, if the gravey is thickening too fast).
- Return the pork chop to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes or until the pork chops are tender and onions are cooked.
- Turn pork chop after 15 minutes of simmering.
- Adjust the seasoning if needed.