Bean SandwichesFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- 3 cups warm, cooked dried navy beans (1 cup dried beans will make about 3 cups cooked ). shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, with tops shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried mint leaves, crushed or chopped fresh mint leaves to taste shopping list
- 1/4 cup each olive oil or other salad oil and lemon juice shopping list
- salt and black pepper shopping list
- 4 large pita breads, white or whole wheat shopping list
- Boston or bibb lettuce shopping list
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in chuncks shopping list
- 1/4 lb. feta or muenster cheese, cut in chunks shopping list
- pitted ripe olives, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Put warm beans in medium bowl. Toss wit onions, parsley, mint, oil and lemon juice. Cover and chill. (about 1 hour or longer).
- When ready to make sandwiches, spilt pocket breads and ine with lettuce leaves.
- Divide bean mixture among pockets. Top each with tomato and cheese chunks.
- Garnish with olives, if used. Serve at once.