Country Vegetable SoupFrom upstatevoyager 6 years ago
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 large leek, cleaned and sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 5 cups vegetable broth or stock shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with liquid shopping list
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup cabbage, coarsley chopped or coarsely shredded shopping list
- 3/4 cup frozen cut green beans shopping list
- 1/2 cup ditalini pasta, uncooked shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil. Add onion, garlic and leek. Saute until softened.
- Add carrots, broth and tomatoes with liquid.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add zucchini, cabbage, beans and pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta and green beans are tender.
- Ladle into bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!