Spicy Sauteed PotatoesFrom bmg1275 8 years ago
- 500g potatoes,cut into chunks,i usually leave the skins on. shopping list
- 30g butter (optional) shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil,i use rapeseed oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper shopping list
- salt (sea salt) and freshly ground black pepper to season shopping list
How to make it
- Parboil the potatoes,until just beginning to soften
- Heat the butter and oil in a heavy based frying pan
- On a medium heat add the spices and cook for a couple of minutes stirring all the time
- Add the potatoes and evenly coat them with the spicy oil
- Fry for approx 20 minutes turning occasionally until a crisp crust forms on the potatoes
- Remove potatoes from the pan and drain on kitchen towel,season well,toss, serve and enjoy.
- The potatoes are excellent with a tomato ketchup dip.
The Cookbmg1275 Dumfries,Scotland, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!