Spicy Thai Chicken and Coconut SoupFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons canola oil shopping list
- 2 shallots finely diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh lemongrass shopping list
- 2 small hot chilies finely sliced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken with skin removed shopping list
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- juice of 2 limes shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add shallots, ginger, lemongrass and chilies then sprinkle with salt.
- Cook stirring occasionally until shallots are translucent about 4 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, coconut milk and soy sauce then cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and half the cilantro and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with a sprinkling of the remaining cilantro.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!