German Sausage ChowderFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 pound fully cooked bratwurst cut into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 2 russet potatoes peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1 white onion chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 3 carrots sliced shopping list
- 4 cups shredded cabbage shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 3 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In Dutch oven or large stockpot combine sausage, potatoes, onion, salt and pepper.
- Add water and carrots then bring to boil stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat then cover pot and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in cabbage then cook 10 minutes more or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in 2-1/2 cups of the milk.
- In small bowl combine remaining 1/2 cup milk with the flour and blend with whisk.
- Stir this mixture into soup and cook on low heat stirring frequently until thick.
- Add cheese and cook and stir until melted.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!