Apple Streusel CakeFrom ahmed1 6 years ago
- Streusel Topping: shopping list
- 1/2 cup flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 40 grams cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces shopping list
- 70 gramsbrown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts shopping list
- Cake: shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- a pinch of salt shopping list
- 60 grams unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 110 grams granulated white sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk shopping list
- 2 large green apples, cut into thin (1/8 inch) slices shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Butter a 20 cm spring form pan and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- For streusel topping: In a large bowl, mix together the flour and ground cinnamon. Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or fork until it resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the brown sugar and chopped hazelnuts. Set aside.
- For cake: In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream the butter. Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until incorporated. Add the flour mixture, alternately with the milk, and beat only until combined. Spread the batter into the bottom of the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Evenly arrange the apple slices on top of the cake batter and then sprinkle with the streusel topping.
- Bake for about 45 - 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating5 people
nice nice recipe! Thanks Ahmed for post!
Joymariemystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it
It's apple season here and this looks perfectly awesome! Thanks for the post, can't wait to try it!pat2me in Nashua loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!