Puttanesca Sauce over SpaghettiFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 35 ounce can Italian plum tomatoes (reserve juice) roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon capers well rinsed shopping list
- 2/3 cup oil cured black olives pitted and roughly chopped shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 pound spaghetti shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced flat leaf parsley leaves stripped from stems shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil in a heavy nonreactive pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and stir.
- Remove from heat and allow hot oil to turn the garlic to pale gold.
- Stir in tomatoes, capers, olives, pepper flakes, basil, oregano and black pepper.
- Return to medium low heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to very low.
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling salted water until al dente then drain well.
- Toss pasta with sauce.
- Sprinkle on fresh parsley and serve.