FRESH SALMON-CUCUMBER SALADFrom linebb956 9 years ago
- 3 1/2 pound piece fresh salmon shopping list
- 1/2 lemon sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt shopping list
- 6 whole black peppers shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- Tops from 2 celery stalks shopping list
- DRESSING shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise or cooked salad dressing shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoon fresh snipped dill-half that if using dry shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups DICED peeled cucumbers shopping list
- GARNISH FOR PLATTER shopping list
- Boston or iceberg lettuce washed and crisped shopping list
- 2-3 tomatos wedged and chilled shopping list
- 2 or more lemons wedged shopping list
- 1 med size cucumber sliced with skin on. I fork the edges to make pretty.. shopping list
How to make it
- Wash salmon.
- Place in large kettle or fish poacher.
- Add just enough water to cover
- Add sliced lemon, salt, black peppers, bay leaf and celery tops.
- Slowly bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for 30-35 minutes. Test. When it flakes it is done.
- With slotted pancake flipper lift out of water and onto a plate. Let cool until you can handle it.
- Remove and discard skin and any bones.
- You should have about 2 1/2 pounds meat.
- MAKE DRESSING:
- In a medium bowl, combine mayo, lemon juice dill and diced cucumbers, mix well and chill at least an hour
- Just before serving toss salmon with dressing.
- Add salt and pepper if needed.
- TO SERVE
- Line a large serving platter or plate with lettuce.
- Mound salad in center
- Garnish with tomato and lemon wedges and cucumber slices.
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!