Curry and Ginger Chicken Stir Fry with Broccoli and CilantroFrom a_fuego_lento 9 years ago
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into large cubes/chunks shopping list
- 2 T. curry paste (see photo) shopping list
- 1 T. light soy sauce shopping list
- 3 T. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped into small "trees" shopping list
- 3 T. chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 T. ground ginger (fresh, grated ginger can also be used) shopping list
- 2. cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 small can green peas (frozen peas can also be used) shopping list
- 1 C. chicken broth shopping list
- 2 T. roughly chopped peanuts shopping list
- 2 servings of asian rice noodles shopping list
- 1 lime cut into wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Skin and de-bone chicken if necessary. Chop into large chunks.
- In a pot, set 4-5 cups of water to boil.
- Chop cilantro, garlic and peanuts, combine in a bowl together. Set aside.
- In a wok, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken and brown for 3-4 minutes
- Add peanuts, cilantro and garlic. Keep everything moving so it doesn't burn for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add curry paste and soy sauce, as well as the ground ginger.
- Finally, add broccoli, peas and a bit of the chicken broth if the dish looks too dry. The idea is to steam the broccoli while also allowing the curry paste to dissolve and adding a bit of broth to make a nice sauce at the bottom of the wok. Eyeball it.
- This shouldn't need more than another 2 minutes to cook. Turn off heat and cover.
- Add the noodles to the boiling water and cook for 4 minutes, or whatever the packaging says. They usually cook in no time.
- Drain the noodles and serve in a bowl.
- Spoon the stir-fry over the noodles and garnish with a bit more of chopped peanuts and a wedge of fresh lime if you like.
The Cooka_fuego_lento New York, ES
- Not added to any groups yet!