Easy Oven MeatballsFrom auntiem 8 years ago
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions shopping list
- 4 eggs or 8 egg whites shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt (optional) shopping list
- 6 slices bread, crumbled (white or wheat, its good with both) shopping list
- 3 lbs ground beef or ground turkey or ground pork (or any combination) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine milk, onion, eggs and salt.
- Stir in bread crumbs and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Crumble in the ground meat, and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Shape into 8 dozen small meatballs 1 to 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place on baking pans and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until done- if you're not sure, cut one in half to check.
- If you don't have enough oven space or baking pans to bake all of this at once, please put the remaining raw meat mixture in the refrigerator until you can bake it.
- Let's be careful out there.
- Of course, using lean meat is the healthiest, but if the meat you're using is particularly fatty, I have found that baking the meatballs on a rack placed over a broiler pan or other shallow pan will allow most of the fat to drip away.
- If you do this, it's best to put a little water in the bottom of the pan or the fat may start to smoke.
The Cookauntiem Halifax, CA
The Rating4 people
I was just telling someone the other day that of all the foods I must have prepared in my lifetime, I have NEVER made meatballs. This recipe is a perfect opportunity for me to try it. Thanks for sharing!dariana in loved it
I made the meatballs tonight and it turned out great. The only thing that I did differently was to add 1 tsp each dried oregano, garlic, and dried basil. Good recipe to have when you need an easy meatball recipe without alot of ingredients.szq in Suffolk loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!