Cranberry ChickenFrom berry 9 years ago
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 small onion chopped shopping list
- 6 whole chicken legs ( about 3 lbs. total),skined if desired shopping list
- 2/3 cup catsup shopping list
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- Place butter in a shallow 10 by 15 inch bking pan; set pan in 400 grdes. oven until butter is melted.
- Stir in onion Bake uncovered, until onion is pale gold ( about 15 minutes), stiring occaionally.
- Meanwhile, rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Push onion toone side of pan; arrange chicken in a single layer in pan ( not on top of onion). Continue to bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes; stir onion occasionally.
- In a bowl, stir together catsup, sugar vinegar, mustard, and cranberries. Spoon browned onions out of pan and stir them into cranberry mixture; space chicken evenly in pan, then top with cranberry mixture.
- Continue to bake until crnberry mixture i slightly caramelized and chicken meat near thighbone isnot longer pink; cut to test ( about 20 minutes.
The Cookberry Winter Park, FL
The Rating6 people
Will have to try,sounds easy and tasty....robertg in loved it
all i can say is wow... its sweet and sour with mini explosions of flavor... an easy 5neriece02 in Augusta loved it