Gingerbread Cookie MixFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Mix 2 cups of the flour with the baking soda and baking powder. Mix the remaining 1 1/2 cups flour with the ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and allspice. In a 1 quart, wide mouth canning jar, layer the ingredients starting with the flour and baking powder mixture, then the brown sugar, and finally the flour and spice mixture. Pack firmly between layers.
- Attach this to the Jar:
- Gingerbread Cookies
- Empty contents of jar into a large mixing bowl. Stir to blend together. Mix in 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine, 3/4 cup molasses, and 1 slightly beaten egg. Dough will be very stiff, so you may need to use your hands. Cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350F. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured surface. Cut into shapes with a cookie cutter. Place cookies on a lightly greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in preheated oven. Decorate as desired. Makes 1 1/2 dozen.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating2 people
They taste great and spicy !
I didn't put the mix in the fridge, which was a mistake; I simply squished some in my hand thus needing a higher consistency to hold it's shape and being too hard, like melting snow make harder balls.dynv in Montreal loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!