Baked Salmon Steaks With Parsley Vermouth And CreamFrom notyourmomma 8 years ago
- 4 6 oz. salmon steaks, 1-inch thick shopping list
- 1 cup dry white vermouth shopping list
- 1/4 cup bottled or canned clam juice shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallots shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. minced chives or the green tops of green onion shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Arrange the salmon in a baking dish, without overlapping, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until the salmon is just opaque in the middle. Cover and keep warm.
- While the salmon is baking, make the sauce. In a small, heavy saucepan, combine the vermouth, clam nectar, shallots and garlic. Bring to a boil and cook until the mixture is reduced to 3/4 cup. Add the whipping cream and boil until the mixture is reduced to 1 1/2 cups.
- Place half the mixture in a blender or food processor. Add the parsley and purée. Stir into the remaining mixture. If you want a super smooth sauce you can press the sauce through a sieve, but it is not necessary. Return to the pot and boil until the mixture coats a spoon, 2-3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pan juices from the salmon and the chives or green onion to the sauce. Place the salmon on heated plates or a platter, pour the sauce around the steaks and serve immediately.