Spicy Roast ChickenFrom berry 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup ground almonds shopping list
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut shopping list
- 2/3 cup oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tsp chopped fresh ginger root shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed garlic shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup yogurt shopping list
- 4 skinless chicken quarters shopping list
- TO GARNISH: fresh cilantro leaves, 1 lemon cut in quarters shopping list
How to make it
- In heavy - based saucepan, dry fry the ground almonds and coconut and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and fry the onion, stirring, until golden brown.
- Place the ginger, garlic, chili powder, garam masala, and salt in a bowl and mix with the yogurt. Add the almonds and coconut and mix well.
- Add the onions to the spice mixture, blend, and set aside.
- Arrange the chicken quarters in the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Spoon the onion and spice mixture over the chicken sparingly.
- Cook in a preheat oven at 425 F. for 35 - 45 minutes. Check that the chicken is cooked thoroughly by piercing the thickest part of the meat with a sharp knife - the juices will run clear when the chicken is cooked through.
- Garnish with the cilantro and lemon wedges, serve and enjoy!
The Cookberry Riverside, Ca
The Rating4 people
Hi berry!This recipe looks so delicious.I appreciate you for posting this!!!ambus in Lahore loved it
Wow! This sounds amazing. So many recipes... so little time!!!adacowan in loved it
This is exactly the type of dish that I LOVE! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I've rated a 5 even though I won't be making it until tonight because I can already taste it!!!!!!!!!!!! =0)adacowan in loved it