Bears Baked Potato SoupFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- 6 to 8 slices bacon, fried crisp, drippings reserved shopping list
- 1 cup onions diced shopping list
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 6 cups hot chicken stock shopping list
- 4 cups baked potatoes peeled and cubed shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper shopping list
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup green onions, white part only diced shopping list
How to make it
- Chop cooked bacon. Reserve.
- Cook onions in remaining drippings over medium-high heat until transparent, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour, stirring to prevent lumps.
- Cook 3-5 minutes until mixture just begins to run golden.
- Add chicken stock gradually, whisking to prevent lumps, until liquid thickens. Reduce heat to simmer and add potatoes, cream, chopped bacon, parsley, garlic, basil, salt, pepper sauce and black pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes; do not allow to boil.
- Add grated cheese and green onions.
- Heat until cheese melts smoothly.
- Garnish each serving as desired with chopped bacon, grated cheese and chopped parsley.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
The Rating4 people
I love good thick creamy potato soup with lots of cheese i always put extra.....so this is a hybernation soup??????? HAHAHAHAHAAHminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Yum - now all we need is some heavy rain down here. This soup is one of my favorites...especially topped with cheese, bacon bits & chives!! I've even seen some add some sour cream. Like a baked potato in a bowl
jett2whit in Union City loved it
THIS SOUNDS WONDERFUL - THANKS FOR THE POST - LEEBEARleebear in Brookpark loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!