Oyster StewFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons celery chopped fine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon onion chopped fine shopping list
- 1 clove garlic minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon flour shopping list
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream shopping list
- 1 pint oysters drained with half of the juice reserved shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or onion tops chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet melt butter and saute celery, onion, garlic and flour until onions are clear and flour is mixed well.
- Add whipping cream, oyster juice and seasonings then simmer until mixture becomes smooth and thickens.
- Add oysters and simmer until oysters plump and edges begin to curl.
- Serve like soup and sprinkle with parsley.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!