Boston Baked BeansFrom kdbradley 7 years ago
- 1 pound navy beans shopping list
- 2 quarts water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion ; chopped shopping list
- 1/2 pound bacon ; diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1/3 cup molasses shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon mustard shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse beans.
- In a large pot combine beans and 2 quarts of water.
- Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse beans. Return beans to pot.
- Stir in 8 cups fresh water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or till tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain beans reserving liquid.
- In a 21/2 quart casserole combine the beans, bacon, and onion.
- Stir in the molasses, mustard, salt and just enough water to cover beans.
- Bake, covered, in a 350°F oven about 21/2-3 hours or to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
- If necessary, add additional reserved liquid..