Chocolate Cranberry CookiesFrom thepiggs 10 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules shopping list
- 1 cup white chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup dried cranberries shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda, and set aside.
- In a large bowl use an electric mixer to beat butter, shortening, granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until fully combined before next addition.
- In a small cup, mix together the vanilla and the coffee until the coffee is dissolved, then add to the butter mixture; beat to combine.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing until combined.
- Stir in by hand white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and dried cranberries.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of dough at a time onto baking sheets, spacing cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until firm. Let cool for 1 minute then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers at room temperature for up to 1 month.