Bacon and Cabbage SoupFrom pamela 7 years ago
- 2 cups dark green Savoy cabbage leaves, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 pound Irish bacon, chopped shopping list
- 2 large potatoes, peels removed and cut into cubes shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock (or as needed ) shopping list
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, with juice shopping list
- salt and black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Add bacon to a large, deep stockpot or saucepan then cook over a medium high heat until browned. Drain off the excess fat.
- Mix in the potatoes, tomatoes, and chicken stock (enough to cover the mixture). Season with salt and pepper then bring to a boil. Lower the heat and allow to simmer for 20 minutes, or until potatoes become tender.
- Add in the cabbage and allow the soup to simmer for an additional couple of minutes prior to serving.
The Cookpamela San Diego, CA
The Rating8 people
Wow, this sounds great! I am looking forward to trying it!gardenladyzoe in Snyder loved it
This really sounds good. I can't wait to try it. % folks from me :)donman in Hammond loved it
Very nice,LOVE cabbage,THANKS!High 5!lanabade in Goshen loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!