Walnut-Orange CakeFrom caramia 8 years ago
- Non stick olive oil spray shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tblsp baking powder shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice shopping list
- 1 tblsp finelt grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.Spray 9ins springform pan with olive oil spray
- Place parchment paper round in bottom of the pan and spray paper.
- Grind walnuts in processor until finely ground but not powdery.Combine ground walnuts,flour and baking powder in med bowl;set aside.
- using electric mixer,beat eggs in a large bowl until frothy(2min)Gradually add sugar,beating untillight ,thick and pale yellow (4min)Gradually add walnut-flour mixture;then add orange juice,orange peel,and olive oil,beating until just blended.Transfer batter to prepared pan,place pan on rimmed baking sheet,and bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean,about 1 hour.
- Cool cake completely in pan on rack
- Release pan sides.Carefully invertcake onto platter and remove
- parchment paper.Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the cake and serve.