Quick Buttermilk RollsFrom cakelady 7 years ago
- 1/4 C warm water shopping list
- 1 TBSP (one pack) dry yeast shopping list
- 3/4 C warm buttermilk (110 degrees) shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 TBSP sugar (or honey) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3 TBSP canola oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 C whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 C all purpose flour shopping list
How to make it
- In your mixer, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add warm buttermilk.
- Stir in soda, sugar, salt, and oil.
- Stir in flours.
- With the bread hook attachment, knead for 8 minutes on speed 2.
- (You can also do this kneading by hand if you want).
- Pull off pieces of dough slightly larger than a golf ball and roll into balls.
- Place balls onto a greased pan.
- Spray top of balls with non stick butter flavor cooking spray.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap.
- Let rise in a warm place for about an hour, or until balls have doubled in size.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until tops are slightly brown.
- If you don't have buttermilk, you can use 3/4 C warm milk plus 1 TBSP lemon juice (soured milk). Just let the milk and lemon juice sit long enought to curdle the milk (about 10 mins).
The Cookcakelady Murray, UT
- Not added to any groups yet!